Signs that our services are needed
The Administration on Aging reports that about 29 percent, or 13.3 million older adults, lived alone in 2015. And yet, it’s estimated that more than 6 million seniors 65 and older need assistance with long-term care to perform daily activities.
Look for these warning signs as indicators that assistance may be needed:
- Medication management issues
- Poor eyesight
- Social isolation
- Poor nutrition or malnutrition
- Unable to keep up with daily chores, housekeeping and bills
- Personal hygiene, issues bathing and dressing
When it comes to senior care, it can be difficult to fill gaps in care. Our health care system simply isn’t built to support seniors so they can “age in place” at home (which is the wish of 90 percent of people over age 65, according to the AARP).
That’s where Safe Seniors Home Care comes in.
Whether you need assistance with cooking, showering and mobilization or Alzheimer’s care and home health checks, Safe Seniors Home Care has the trusted experience and wide range of services to meet your needs. Our team is committed to providing the same care that we’d extend to our own family members.
Safe Seniors Home Care is there for your loved one when you can’t be. Our companionship service includes a broad range of activities designed to engage, socialize, entertain and enliven. These can include:
- Playing cards
- Cooking and serving meals
- Baking of holidays and special occasions
- Assistance with entertaining
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Appointment escorts
- Assistance visiting friends and neighbors
- Attending events, plays, religious services and more
Housekeeping may be one of the first visible signs that you or a loved one needs assistance at home. Whether it’s due to medical conditions, physical limitations or just aging, keeping up with housekeeping can be a struggle for seniors at home. Our home services are designed to keep your loved one comfortable and safe with services that include:
- General cleaning
- Cleaning floors
- Washing dishes
- Laundry and ironing
- Changing beds
- Caring for houseplants
- Taking out the garbage
- Overseeing home deliveries and home maintenance
- Caring for pets, including feeding, exercising and much more
Personal care services
Personal hygiene is another area where it may quickly become evident that you or a loved one needs assistance. Our personal care services offer assistance with everything from showering, makeup application and hair care to turning, lifting, exercising and feeding. Our services are always provided with the dignity and respect you and your loved ones deserve to keep feeling your best. Our personal care services include:
- Grooming (hair care, shaving, teeth cleaning/dentures, makeup application, dressing)
- Hygiene (Tub, bed or sponge baths; showers; toileting activities)
- Movement (Turning, lifts, transfers, exercising, walking)
- Eating or feeding
- Monitoring of vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration and more
Of the 60 to 70 percent of seniors living with dementia or Alzheimer’s, an overwhelming 25 percent live alone, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. We work closely with you to establish trusting relationships and safe environments to comfortably care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia while maximizing independence for as long as possible. Our specialized approach of encouragement and assistance helps family members cope with the challenges that dementia and Alzheimer’s disease can present.
Wellness Reassurance Check
Sometimes you just need a quick check-in to ensure your senior is doing well. Health Home Check is a comfort service that provides 15- to 20-minute, face-to-face, in-home visits. The visit can be used for things such as medication reminders, checking if there is anything out of the ordinary or concerning, or simply ensuring the senior is having a good day.